Fly Fishing Forum banner

North Shore 9/27 Am

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JimboJones 
#1 ·
Hit Beverly in the Kayak this morning from 6 to ~730. Spooked one bass on the way out. Paddled over dimpling water the whole morning...saw a few schools of Pbunker and one Airborn 12" bass. What is up with this fall? It was an amazing sunrise though, and I realized that I haven't seen enough of them this summer to make it through the winter. Looks like I'll be at it more in the morning!

#2 ·
Nick,

Was out that way on my Boat Sat. AM (one schoolie bass & couple blues). Marked a lot more bait than fish on the Scope. This is usually a sign of good things to come. But, with Scary low water temps I question if it's even gonna happen this fall. Hope I'm just being negative and/or paranoid!

#3 ·
Read somewhere else they were in Salem harbor...should have paddled that way! I hear ya, not sure what is up with this, but there seems to be no fall run (reported at least) up and down the coast. Very odd.

#4 ·
fishing in Beverly

Nick, were you paddling toward the park opposite dane street beach about 6:30-7:00? I was fishing from shore and not having much luck but saw someone in a kayak. Saw a lot of fish just could not hookup. Fishing was better yesterday and the day before. To many boats to be enjoyable Saturday.
BBD

#5 ·
Yup, that was me, sand colored Tarpon kayak. I saw fish early near the rocks, but there was so much stuff in the water I couldn't get a clean cast. Fly was weeded up in a jiffy.

next time I'll paddle over and say hi!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.