Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fish are on the move

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Striper 
#1 ·
Tried a South Shore Spot with the yak today and with the advice of a Forum member got into a large blitz as perdicted. Good to feel the tug on the flyline as the fish smashed the white fly. The bite only lasted about an hour.
The way the fish were feeding you know they were packing on the fuel for the long migration. FishHawk :smokin:

#3 ·
Stripers and rather large. At first I thought they would be Blues but they turned out to be Stripers. Fished Ct last weekend and had to get off the water because of the wind. The fish should be on the move down there also.
FishHawk :smokin:

#5 ·
Last two times out I have not seen a fish??? It has been very,very, slow at least for me and from what I am hearing for everyone. Maybe a lull in the action before the migration really begins in earnest. I put about 200 mi. on the boat the last two trips and believe me it was dead, I was over at Block island and Montauk as well and not a fish to be had. I did fish not just cruise and could not even dredge any fish up from the depths of the reefs, I marked fish but they were not interested in anything at all. Did not even see the bait guy's doing anything??? It should break open real soon.

M.Mayo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.