Fly Fishing Forum banner

Line For Horizon II

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BLACK FRANCIS 
#1 ·
I am trying to decide the perfect fly line for my 9' 5 weight T&T Horizon II and am stuck between Rio's Nymph Line and the Rio Grand Fly line. I will be mainly nymphing with this rod but it is a very fast action so would the Grand be my best bet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Kory,
this is a tough one. i have this rod and i personally like the rio windcutter on it but i use this rod for big water dryfly fishing ( big D /out west). both lines you mentioned have similar charateristics- both are aggessive lines. the nymph line will probably be the ticket if you are simply high sticking especialy in close and the high floating tip is a bonus. the grand would probably make a better all around line and will load that cannon up good. i really don't think you can go wrong with either and you probably won't be able to tell much difference between these two under normal conditions. good luck and that is one of the sweetest 905's i have ever used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.