Fly Fishing Forum banner

I bought my boat today

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ChucknDuck 
#1 ·
OK well I had to tell someone :O) I bought a 1991 19ft Clackacraft fiberglass driftboay today as soon as I get a spare oar (tomorrow) and insurance (monday) I'll be a floating/fishing fool, as opposed to just a fishing fool. I also have all my paperwork for my guides license ready to mail in.. I am excited and had to tell someone :O)

#3 ·
Rob -

I forgot to tell you that I was an official driftboat spot-checker and guide tester. I just received a bulletin from HQ that driftboats built prior to 1992 require immediate personal inspection under 'typical usage scenarios'. Please be at the ramp at o'dark thirty for a rigorous testing regimen with me. ;)

Congrats and hope I get to ride shotgun someday soon!

Juro

#4 ·
Wholly cow!!!!!!!!

19'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now tha's a BOAT!!!! I know there's a 20' DB that sits4 in front and rower in back, how many does that thiign seat???

So, when you taking it for a test run? Need some help? I'm on vacation thiis week, may be able to give you some pointers. Don't realy know the rivers in your neck of the woods, but could help you with basic maneuvering on somerivers up this wayy.

#6 ·
Rob,
I've got a wrapped stick (spruce) sitting in my rafters that I've had since I forgot to package it with the sale of my boat 5 years ago. If you want it its yours for the taking. I'm trying to wiggle in a day of fishing on the SF Toutle in the near future...that would be somewhat close to your neighborhood.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.