Fly Fishing Forum banner

2 weight forecast blank

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tight-lines 
#1 ·
I'm looking at the 6'5" 2 wt. forecast which is on sale now at hook and hackle, I was hoping someone could give me a review on the blank, I'm thinking of replacing the snake guides with single foots.

thanks

#2 ·
I've never used the forcast blanks from Baston exept for ther spey blanks and I'm not enough of a spey fisherman yet to comment on there quality. I have on the other hand built and fished with many of the RX7 blanks including the 6'-6" 2wt and I love them. They flex through the top 1/2 of there lenght and when testing for DBI useing the common cents method are very consistent and correctly sized. I also find them quite rugged the price is hard to beat also. That is just my two cents I'm sure others will have an opinion.

Oh, I'm not a fan of sigle foots myself infact I've already replaced single foots for snakes on a couple rods. Not much weight savings and in some cases they wiegh more as they use alomost the same amount of wire and are brazed. I aslo think they hurt the action of the rod. If you are looking for decicate snakes for a light wieght rod check out "snake" brand guides as they use thinner diameter wire on there smaller guides. Again just my opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.