Fly Fishing Forum banner

I'm still alive

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 ·
Quick note to touch base with my earthling friends.
Life in Z Land has become complicated and not all is as it should be.
Loss of Internet access is one of the inconvieniences I am weathering.
Copious appologies for not connecting to cancel my appearence at the Bone Clave. Hope nobody was waiting around for me. :(

By the looks of the slide show, the weather and possibly lack of fish shifted the focus to consuming mass quantities of liquid libation. Can't honestly say I regret missing that.
I sure did miss being in the group and especially missed the chow.

My current goal is to get back to sailing on an even keel in time for the Rhody shore season to open up. Would it be premature to suggest a Burlingame Adventure?

Slinger, what happened back in June? I waited and waited....

If anyone is interested, my email is mikez01432@yahoo.com
I check it every couple of weeks now but hope to improve that soon.
Hope to see you all out there soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mike -

Good to hear from you.

Actually the jetties and inlet were jammed with stripers and it was almost a constant blitz on Saturday.

My patented boneclave 'dapping' technique paid off for Griz who took advantage of the fish staking out the rocks at our feet. I had fun learning how to deal with gusts to 35 with the two-hander from the other jetty. The casting was no problem, but the stripping basket was the limiting factor :mad: I hooked up quite a bunch of times so under the hellish conditions I am not complaining.

Yes the libations were first rate, but aside from the good eats and fishing was the camaraderie that makes the event the best.

Rhody sounds good!

#4 ·
juro said:
Mike -

My patented boneclave 'dapping' technique paid off for Griz who took advantage of the fish staking out the rocks at our feet. I had fun learning how to deal with gusts to 35 with the two-hander from the other jetty.
I had the same problem. So I had to double haul my 15' of line into a slam dap to cut the wind. I called it my "Double Haul Dap". Pretty funny looking but it worked.

Hey Mike Z.- we missed you at the clave. Catch ya on the back side.

Lefty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.