Fly Fishing Forum banner

SaltyDog??? Are you alive?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  saltydog 
#1 ·
Now that you are retired I thought I would see more of you on the board.... Taking a break????

#2 ·
STRIBLUE, not till June. Im around, BEEN trying to sell out everything at the shop, having sales on everything in stock $50.00 off on all rod ,reels instock, all materials are 20% off, outher than that fisnished all my fly swaps. missed the wilimington show, had to help move my mother-inlaw move. helped my daughter set up a 125gal, saltwater tank. to get it fish ready, an now she has a 2" snowy eel in it, that she feed by hand.(won't putting my fingers in that tank).
:tsk_tsk: should be checking in more now. still playing catch-up.
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

#4 ·
FLYFISHa1 thanks for the assist, she is or should I say the tank is on it's 3 week the live sand should be working an helping the BIO-FILTER work. the nitrites, I always get them mixed up. nitrites, nitrates, anyways this is what we are wating for now. the EEL in the tank should help cycle it an I guess it will take a few more weeks. befor she can add fish, that the eel wont eat. there is one lucky eel he eats better than I do, SHRIMP, CLAMS, SCOLOPS. so now Im (baby sitting) a fish tank. thats about it. heres an interesting story the outher night I was talking w/ a guy that had a BIG GROUPER, an it eat his TRIGER fish, the TRIGER was a picasso triger $500.00, what a meal. he has pic's of this event.
well thats it for now.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

#7 ·
Hmmmm, yes it would seem that the grouper regarded that tankmate as a snack, and by the looks of him I'd keep small children and cats away from the aquarium, as well...
Yeah, let me know how the new tank goes; I keep a 105 reef in my living room for personal enjoyment. We have plenty of tanks in the office and lab to keep us busy, but my home tank is quite pretty. It's about three months old at this point...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.