Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bayside, 9/1, Small Victory

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Fished the beach down to the creek. Lots of bait no fish. At the creek moved out deep and swang(?) a fly for awhile. Nothin happening. As I made my way back birds were giong nuts at waters edge just to the west. I went inside a bit watching the birds and hear a splash behind me in the creek. Sure enough boils and breaks. Damn things must of snuck in behind me while I was out deep. Hooked up with a fiesty 26-28" fish. Not a big deal but I think it's the first striper I've caught since July. I was beginning to think it's time to put the gear away and take care of neglected tasks. Maybe not.

#2 ·
Fred -

Glad to hear you got off the schneide.

Should've seen the scene that erupted after the flood got going on SB! Cows blasting with abandon in 20" water!

Only where the bunker were, otherwise a ghost town. Hit or miss, too bad the surf was dirty; fish are camped out in structure waiting for bunker parades out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.