Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boat For Sale

7K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 ·
Well, I've decided to take the plunge and head for Offshore and the 18'er just ain't gonna do the trick! I'm looking at 28-32 ft sport fisherman style boats. Therefor, it's time to part with the center console.

1999 18' Cobia Center Console (purchased in Aug. of 99)
W/ 115 Yamaha Salt Water Series Outboard, Loadrite Trailer, Raymarine FF/depth sounder, Garmin 180 GPS with chip, and Lenco Trollin Tabs w/ 2-12v, series 27 batteries and a Guest Onboard battery Charger. Asking $18000.
I have all the reciepts for maintaining, minor repairs and both professional winterization and spring commissioning, as well as storage at the dealer where I bought it.
The hull design and the extra wide beam (8'-6") lend to the very comfortable and dry ride in the waters around New England, I've run around with friends in Parkers, Maritime Skiffs and Aquasports and they just can't keep up, This boat handles herself real well. One reason I bought this boat was the high freeboard, I have 2 small kids and felt much safer for them, what I came to realize was that I also got the benifit while out in rough weather, which I have been alot.
I'll try to get a few pictures up soon. If your interested, pm me and we will talk. If sold thru this site, a small donation will be made to FFF.

See less See more
#2 ·
Brian I would gladly buy your boat. It's a great ride, based on my ride during the last Boneclave.
My problem is that buying enough salt around here would likely ruin me. Whoever buys this beaty will get a great boat! Only wish I were living East & clsoer to the salty stuff.

#21 ·
Case,

Sorry to see that the boat is about to depart. As Juro said, that was a great day. The best part was to listen to Juro. " No son. This is how you cast a fly line!" And then the son saying something about the fathers age and farting dust. All I now is on that day the son out fished the father.:devil: I was sure that the father or son was going to be in the water at some point. Oh well....You can't have everything.:hehe:

#25 ·
Well, it's been put away for a long winters nap. Here's to wishing it's not THAT long. Several have stated that , "in the spring, if it's still available, I'll buy it !" So, until then it's still mine and thats something I feel good about. I'm not convinced that I want to sell it, in fact I know I do not. I have too many GOOD TIMES on this boat, and it's gonna break my heart to sell.
Happy Thanksgiving and have a SAFE winter season.

#26 ·
Well, seasons change and spring is here. The new boat has been bought and paid for. Now, it's time for the fire sale, I'm stickin with the fall discount price even after the added cost for winterization, misc. maintenance, storage and summerizing...
She will be out of storage on the 15th of April and ready for seatrials that weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.