Fly Fishing Forum banner

WALDEN OR WHITES

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TinMan 
G
#1 ·
Juro,
Headed out to Walden or Whites this weekend.I will be out in my Grumman canoe.I can only fish Sat.,Sun.,and Mon.,as my wife is in Denmark visiting her parents.Tough break.Maybe we can hookup.Nice job with the new board.
Domenic

#2 ·
I have been thinking the same thing lately. The gate at Walden was closed to the ramp, so White's was winning the debate for me thus far but they might open it on the weekend. I didn't see anything rising two mornings ago on White's but there was no ice except along the left bank which may be gone now. The water still looked cold but there were pumkinseed foraging along the shallows. Two powerbaiters were standing with their rods in the water and hands in their pockets. I didn't get "the vibe", in other words that subconscious attraction that says don't miss this opportunity. Once the hatches get stronger it's going to be very different.

A bead head wooly bugger in black fished deep might be the ticket...

#4 ·
I fished Whites Sat, Sun , and Mon a.m.
I landed five on Sat., had a bunch of fish shake off,went to a smaller bugger,that was the ticket.
Sun. a.m. fished a dragonfly nymph,landed four right away,and then nothing.
Mon. a.m.landed one on a bead head wooley bugger.I saw a few rises,there were a few caddis, and midges hatching,but nothing worthwhile.I was fishing a 20ft.sinktip line .The State stocked some very nice rainbows in Whites this Spring.
Domenic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.