Fly Fishing Forum banner

Shrimp fly swap

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Tod D 
#1 ·
I've got seven of these ready to mail. Where do I send them? This is a fly Percy Gilbert showed me at Rod builders workshop. Not anywhere near as good as he tied them but I'm just glad to have learned this one from him before he passed away. I'll get a recipe up later.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yikes JIm, I haven't even started mine - waiting on a shipment of seals fur from Fishermens feathers - hope it arrives soon!

Nice lokoing pattern by the way!

#7 ·
Jcc, Mono loop sounds like a great idea, maybe it would serve as a weed guard.
I'll get a recipe up soon. I'm hoping to do a step by step on it if I can master the photography for such a small pattern.
Like I said in the first post this was shown to me by Percy Gilbert, gotta give credit where it's due. I don't know if it is his orginal pattern but he gave me the how to, what to, when to on it so I want to make everyone aware of the facts.

#8 ·
Nice JW. Percy was truly one-of-a-kind. Took time out one day to show me how to tie his crab pattern...

Re shrimp patterns, Bob Popovics has what I think is a nice pattern - w/ terrific instructions - in his book, Pop Fleyes.

If memory serves, Striblue has tied up some of those bad boys and posted them right here. They've got to be somewhere in the virtual vault.

#9 ·
Shrimp Pattern

You are doing better than I am if you can see April ! This weekend I watched my oil tank go down as the temps hover around 0 F.

Jim, I was thinking the mono loop would help with weeds but primarily keep the point of the hook from hitting and dulling in the sand. Good looking fly !

#11 ·
JCC - April 1 is 9 weeks from today! 63 days!! 1,512 hours!!!

Took a drive Sat am w/ my 5 & 3 yr old boys to check out one of my favorite salty marshes. Frozen about 1/2 mile out. Beautiful, if slightly depressing, sight.

John M - would you mind sending me your address via PM or my home email? Got some shrimp that need sending.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.