Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tying clave

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
If there is any interest in an evening tying clave or get together I would like to offer my office in Scituate. We've got table space for at least 7 tying stations and if someone can bring another table we will have room for many more. I have no date in mind and am open to all suggestions.

#4 ·
Well with the other Estey Bro that makes four so far. Lets talk dates. If we do an evening Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays work best for me. Thursdays and Fridays I'll be commuting from Lynn and that could be hairy trying to get to the event in time. We can start around 5:30 - 6pm and we can go as late as we want as long as we are cleared out by the time we open the office at 8am.

#7 ·
Ok that's six so far if the date works. How about Wednesday the 14th at 5:30ish? There is a pizza shop downstairs so we could indulge in Roops adult beverages and have pizza while we tie. I'll e-mail directions to the attendies.

Of course this whole thing is contingent upon Scituate not getting wiped off the map by today's storm.

Juro,

At the moment we wont need the tables but if you see the count go above 7 - ie two more people - we'll have to take you up on your offer. If the count gets above 14 we'll need someone to bring some folding chairs as well. We can probably handle 20 if we all spread out to various rooms but it will be a bit crowded.

#11 ·
I just e-mailed the directions to those who expressed interest. If you don't get them let me know. If you want to come share some adult beverages, pizza, and tying tips let me know and I'll send you the directions.

Date: 3-14
Time: as early as 5:30 with no firm end time

#13 ·
Gregg -

It's looking better for me... I'll be in Boston in the afternoon, and it might be easier to head south than northwest. That's how I seez it anyway! Gotta 'present it' to the 'boss', and she's pretty tough.

In any case I will drop my tying kit in the truck in the AM and go from there. Please email me directions with a phone #.

Due to a long drive home afterward I will have to keep it to a reasonable amount of time.

#17 ·
Gregg -

Thank you once again for sponsoring another fun get together. You've got a nice location there on the south shore. Being so close to the water brought me that much closer to spring in my mind, and the pictures of your travels (a couple of which I was present) were inspiring. Battenkill, Crooked R. Oregon, Rhode Island, Cape Cod, Colorado, etc - a nice portfolio!

I even tied the prerequisite 3 flies!

regards,
Juro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.