Fly Fishing Forum banner

More Acklins

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  MartyG 
#1 ·
Off to Felton's North on Friday. Meeting 2 buds at Orange Hill. Hoping for decent weather although we'll have to contend with the full moon 1st week.
Then its on to Deadman's for a week DIY. 1st trip there for us we'll see what happens. Met a couple of guys in Nassau last Nov who were'nt really impressed with L.I. as a DIY destination. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Let you all know how it goes.

CC Charlie

#3 ·
diy long island

there was a few uneducated guides in long island about diy but that has changed if you get the right tide and flat you should do well i live on long island and own a bonefish lodge some guides think that the diy if they are not allowed to fish they will hire a guide but was told is not the case either they fish long island or fish somewhere else and that the diy put the same amount of money in long island economy as the guided fisherman need any additional info feel free to contact me @ 242 472 2609 in long island come to long island and have a blast we need as much tourist as we can get

#4 ·
A bit off topic but I wanted to say I had a chance to meet Juro and Vince on my trip and it was nice to put some faces to the names. I only said hi to Juro in passing but I spent maybe a half hour with Vince and a couple of his guys. We had a few good laughs and stories and Vince couldn't be any nicer.

More on my trip later.

Lee

#9 ·
Thanks TJ appreciate that.

Have you done any DIY oa Andros? I had a friend at the Autec base there and did a trip several years ago. Could'nt beat the price but I think there's probably better DIY fishing on Acklins . Of course I did'nt have much local knowledge and my friend was'nt a bonefisher.

CC Charlie

#11 ·
cc charlie said:
Thanks TJ appreciate that.

Have you done any DIY oa Andros? I had a friend at the Autec base there and did a trip several years ago. Could'nt beat the price but I think there's probably better DIY fishing on Acklins . Of course I did'nt have much local knowledge and my friend was'nt a bonefisher.

CC Charlie
Yes, I've done DIY there along the middle and south bights. It's been a few years but if you'd like some info send me a PM. That picture of me is actually doing a DIY on Andros.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.