Fly Fishing Forum banner

Estaz Grande Squid

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Jim Miller 
#1 ·
Approx. 7" long. Mono extension for eyes, tentacles and part of mantel.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
My apologies Adrian for not being specific....yes...the left eye looks sinister...but I am betting that the right eye was not purposely illustrated as it probably has that secret "come and get me baby look" Thus, this fly most likely will only be hit from the right. It's too "technical" to explain in this format :hihi: Dispite the eye imbalance.....it IS one darn nice fly!!!

Ron

#9 ·
Jim, I remember this fly when you first posted it -- a great looking tie. But for some reason, none of your photos are appearing now. Is it my computer settings or have your photos "expired"?

May I be so bold as to ask that you do a set of "how to's" when you have a fly that looks as complicated as this squid? Thanks, and keep them coming; your flies are always great.
Joe

#13 ·
Jim,
I still have the one you were kind enough to give me: that one is about 5" long and the Estaz is not quite as dark. It is just too fine a tie to put on the end of a line, and I keep it as a showpiece. I guess I should get to it and try to tie a few that might be a copy (likely poor). You are a creative tyer, that's for sure!:)
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.