Fly Fishing Forum banner

Searun cutts

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·
Searun cutthroats up to three pounds were around in western Washington state coastal river systems this weekend, I caught them in both Olympic Peninsula streams and Columbia tributaries. These are among the most beautiful trout I've ever seen, although all trout are beautiful. The largest I've ever seen over the years was mistaken for a small steelhead by it's captor and weighed by my guess 5 pounds. I've caught them over 20" myself.

Caddis patterns, muddlers, and dark streamers worked best for me. When the pics get developed I'll post them here.

#2 ·
We came to the conclusion that there is by far too many oppurtunities in the PNW at this time of the year...imagine if we brought the Harvest trout (such a romantic name) into the equation.

All that I can wish is that I will someday have the time to pursue such an amazing fish...

and be thankful that they are a great quarry along the saltwater beaches in the dead of winter when the rivers are at floodstage. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.