Fly Fishing Forum banner

Steelheading Rivers Report

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Doublespey 
#1 ·
These reports are summaries of the tales I've been told by my flyfishing friends from this past week(end).

SAUK- Great water conditions, with just a touch of color and about 3-4' visability. Two good rods fished Friday without a touch. There were reports of anglers getting into Sauk fish, but nothing I've heard from a reliable source. The good news is that angling pressure was very light on the Sauk - unusual for a Friday at the beginning of March.

SKYKOMISH - Water level up a bit, temp is up a bit, and there are a few more natives swimming in the river. I've heard two verifiable account of river regulars (other than Sinktip) that have caught fish, but each has put in about over 20 hours on the river to catch them. Still a little slow, but pressure isn't too bad yet and I for one can say that that's a real treat.

GREEN - Slow -Slow -Slow. All the reports I've heard have been of low water conditions, lots of redds in the tailouts, and 1 report of a dark native buck taken by a flyfisherman in Flaming Geyser park on a blue&purple maribou spider. Sounds like a lot of pressure on this river over the weekend.

Anybody else get to go fishing this past weekend??

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.