Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly Fishing Cable TV Shows

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
Other than the normal saturday morning ESPN fly fishing shows and The Infisherman what other national cable shows are there now ?

I have digital cable here in Chicago, get almost all cable channels that are included in the basic package which includes two Outdoor Life channels that I have occassionally caught some fly fishing on, but lately there does not seem to be much.

I know Trout Unlimited has a show, but I seem to be at work whenever I figure out it is on.

Any recommendations ?

#7 · (Edited)
Found some more

Did a little research.

The Out Door Life Network cable tv channels have regular fishing and fly fishing shows.

You can get the monthly and daily schedules at the web site below:

Out Door Life Network

Several fishing shows, best one for fly fishing appears to be Fly Fishing Television Video Magazine which is on several times weekly. Looks like the best time for us to catch it is Sunday mornings from 10:30- 11:00 EST. This sunday there is a steelhead fly fishing (my favorite) show with Jim Teeny called Double Steel. :smokin: Hope there are more to come this winter if you can't fish them, must while watch them be fished on TV.

The names of the fishing shows, times are in the Field & Stream - Television Video Show section of the web site, provides a brief description of the show when you click on the name of it. Also check out the Wild Life - TV show section, appears they have some relevant fish conservation shows periodically. See River of No Return show on salmon in the Idaho - Salmon River - (The River of No Return).

You will see the other fishing shows that OLN TV offers at their web site but this series seems to be the best for fly fishing. I have caught it a few times already.

#8 ·
OOPS MISTAKE

Must have been a sleep yesterday morning when I wrote that e-mail. :whoa:

The Jim Teeny Steelhead show is on tonight at 10:30 PM EST not
10:30 AM EST.

Now on the Outdoor channel is show from world wide fishing, on CA spring creek trout fishing, not bad. See URL below for their show times on the Outdoor channel

Catch the Steelhead show tonight in your time zone if you have the Outdoor life cable channels.

http://www.worldwidefishing.com/wwfgtv.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.