Fly Fishing Forum banner

Which dinner option do you like?

Clave Dinner Vote

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
Please vote...

(your name will show)

#9 ·
Juro... if the Squirer can not handle the numbers then I vote for the Stone horse!.... we want to be all together no need to wander from table to table.,.. and the possibillity of having some of us not being able to get a table.... so lets just do the stone horse.

#10 ·
With the gazebo, grills, dining area inside in event of weather, fireplace, etc - it's a great little venue for us indeed and a short drive to the CAC and Chatham Squire.

Let's see how the votes go, I am fine either way but we need to cut off the decision date with enough time to decide on who gets what and such. I would like to "warn" Matt that we are going to do the cookout again as well. This should only be a few days ahead of time, and with a peek at the weather report as well.

#12 ·
For many yrs I`ve slipped by Squires in the deep of night on my way to the light and observed the festivities, allways wondered what it would be like to join in. But if we can`t sit as a group I have to change my vote to the Stone Horse. I also wondered about the Chatham Bars too as I dragged fish back to the pier from the stone wall and took a break in thier cabanas. It`s all a matter of priorities, I wouldn`t trade a night of fishing in the old days for a night at the Bars even with thier beach club.
Slinger

#14 · (Edited)
The Stone Horse was great and Matt is always an generous host. The first time we held it there, the pictures are from then, was a great gathering with excellent chow and conversation and was Sean's first one which lent an added festive note to it even if he and Juro were victims of the oil the next morning. Last year was a real wet one and I didn't realize the gathering was in the great room until late and we had already hunkered down for the evening. We had had a vehicle malfunction and a thorough soaking and didn't make the party. I understand it was quite enjoyable if a bit more subdued than others. Here is a sample of the gastronomic and culinary abundance you can expect. By the sounds of this years response, the music and the added grub we will surpass the affairs of '01 AND '04.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.