Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cracking the code

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Nice skinny water action last night on the lower Housy. Stripers to just shy of 28" on wee flies in less than 12 inches of H20. Airbone fish and singing drags :D I was late getting on station and had about 1/2 hour before the current died. A couple of hours earlier would have made for an epic night. The really good news is these fish have been bugging us for the past two seasons. I know exactly where they'll be on the next moon tide :smokin:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice fish . I think that we tend to use too large a fly sometimes for these fish. The one problem we have in saltwater is the wind. Noticed that you had a floating line. Sometimes the only thing that punches through the wind is a shooting head.
FishHawk :smokin:

#3 ·
Yo Adrian...

Nice one! :Eyecrazy:

The Yak suits you well for that skinny water and the phat phish makes for a great hood ornament!
So...How do you deal with slime management?
When ever I invite Ms Stripe into my boat for a souvenire photo op, salty fingers and slime become a big concern...Real or imagined!
Even with my chemical warfare training and contamination control protocalls, I hesitate to capture the moment for fear of cameracide! :whoa:

#4 ·
Hmmmm, I was wondering why I got all those funny looks in the diner this morning :eek: .

And there I was, watching that Seinfeld re-run yesterday where he got the B.O. odour in his car :hihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.