Fly Fishing Forum banner

'Takes TWO hands to handle a whopper!...

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Maxg 
#1 ·
I've been playing with a certain new CND Atlantis and (besides REALLY liking how it feels and what it does) had an epiphany!
After getting accustomed to fairly effortless 120'+ casts, I went in the house and brought out a sweet high end 9wt...
A few double hauls later and 90'+ was the norm BUT...
The single hander felt like a teenieweenie trout stream toy and weighed even less...It's all relative, I guess!...:rolleyes:
Sorta' like warming up with one of those donuts on the end of a Louisville Slugger before getting in the box.
Any one else experience this semi-weightlessness?! :confused:

My haulin' daze are far from over but, everything Juro said about das Beach Tamer was/is true...
It's a nimble, high tech MONSTER in the kindest sense of the word and certainly has a place in my starting hampster launching line up! :eyecrazy:

Meet me at the Elbowtown Light House @ 0500 and I'll turn your double haulin' single handed world upside down! :devil:

#2 ·
Takes TWO hands...

Pete,

You are sooooo right! That rod probably could launch a hamster into at least a low orbit. Combined with some of your soon-to-be-patented double barrel herring flies, it should make for some very interesting fishing this season.

Speaking of herring, I am hoping to explore some local Joisey waters where the blue-backed beauties are known to cavort, and know of at least a couple of places where I will try my Atlantis. We should compare notes.

Best regards,

-Doc

#4 ·
Juro,

Not to make this into an infomercial but....

What is the lead time and where can I buy a 2 hander Atlantis cannon?

I may end up trading my CND spey rod (still in the wrapper!) in for a 2 hander since my in-laws appear to be buying a cottage on the NH coast. And I will have keys...

Makes the 2 hander more important than the spey rod.

Lemme know.

Thanks,

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.