Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boston Harbor

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tomd 
#1 ·
Saturday, June 15, 2002: Due to poor weather, Bill Faubian of Cohasset and his friends from South Dakato were unable to fish the harbor. However, they did manage to get out on Friday and the boys from So. Dakota caught their very first stripers early in the Fore River area. Later in the morning, they took fish off structure at mid-incoming tide in Quincy Bay. The fish showed big time about an hour or so before top of the tide at Jacknife Ledge and between Sheep and Bumpkin I. And yes, all agreed that stripers do pull harder than walleys!

Tuesday, June 18, 2002: Brian Farrel enjoyed a beautiful day on the water fly fishing for stripers as a birthday gift from his, no doubt, lovely wife. We found a school of bass out front at first light and managed a handful of schoolies before they disappeared. A bit later in the tide, we located a school working bait at Governor's I. Flats. We picked up a couple more fish in the Inner Harbor Channel at the bottom of the tide where the bass were popping up chasing the blue-backed herring. .

Wednesday, June 19, 2002: What a difference a day makes! Kevin Cheevers fly rodded a bunch of schoolies in the 24 - 27" range and small keepers up to 35 1/2". It was just an outstanding day on the water! From first light on, we were into acres of bass feeding on blue-backed herring and large silversides. These fish were aggressive and would take chartruese or gray/lavender half & half's on fast sink lines and poppers and gurglers on floating lines. Kevin was gracious enough to invite me to fish along with him. So, I had a ball breaking in my new Orvis T3 and even landed a nice 14 pounder that fell for a white gurgler!

Until next week, we'll see you out there...

Capt. Wayne Frieden

:D

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.