Fly Fishing Forum banner

Almost Time

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  John Desjardins 
#1 ·
..to get down to business.
OK, let's see. We've had our Tying Claves, we've had our casting claves, we've had our Marlboro show, we've had our Wilmington show, we've had our new FF xmas gifts, we've had our fly swaps, we've had our endless debates about what fly does what in which current, we've had our rod building doodas. With the Wilmington show now behind us we can celebtrate the last of the great distractions. There's nothing left but the fishing season. No more mental gymnastics. No more hoping and waiting. We are a few weeks from our first cast. Some hearty souls are slipping out already to nearby sweetwater for a good March skunking or holdover sipping midges. Gentlemen, let the next few weeks be the quiet before the storm. Make her happy at home, finish up the honey-do lists. Be a sharing caring nuturing person that provides quality time...(oops getting lost) BECAUSE WE"RE GOING TO NEED ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD FOR THE SPRING RUN!!!

For openers, once the meat truck stops by, I'll be doing some casting on lunch hour in the Lexington Res. Join me. I'll let you know when it starts.

Lefty

#2 ·
almost...

Yessir, I can feel it!

But we have one more 'mission' ;)

The Mass Striped Bass Association has invited us to participate in their annual event on March 23 and 24th at Cordage Park. I have not been there but I did a talk at MSBA last year and what a great bunch of guys! I hear that it's a great event and one we shouldn't miss.

In any case please volunteer to help those who will be offering their time and knowledge to spread flyfishing enthusiasm with our freinds in the MSBA.

Before/after enjoying the MSBA festivities you might consider also...
  • Long Pond and other waters inside Miles Standish State Forest will be fishing very well for holdover trout, stockers and brood salmon then. Just a hop and skip away.
  • Stop by Smitty's at the Rod Builder's Workshop. Great store!
  • Also visit Baymen Outfitters.
  • great restaurants and bars
etc...

#7 ·
shad

I've been doing float trips for shad on the Roanoke River about every day this past week. There are millions of shad in the river right now. Pretty awesome sight. In a few more weeks the first of our striped bass will show up. Offshore boats are getting some yellowfins and a friend of mine got a 30 inch redfish the other day, casting a gold spoon in the shallow grass flats. Spring comes a little bit sooner down here.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.