Fly Fishing Forum banner

FFForum Snail MAil Donation Box

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
For the Fundraiser Challenged, I think it would be helpful to remind everyone of the more direct way of supporting the forum. That is the more simpler, traditional route of sending a small donation to the forum mailbox. Many members each year send a dollar or 2 to the forum for support.
Nothing wrong with this route if you find the other stuff a bit complicated.
Juro please repost the Forum P.O. Box address so we can do this. And maybe, just maybe I won't be a slacker this year ;)

Lefty

#2 ·
Fly Fishing Forum
PO Box 58
Groton, MA 10450

Right on Terry! Having attempted some fundraising I can tell you the cash donation saves someone a bunch of work. Sponsors are great and I support those shops that support this board, but I guess you can look at this site like a magazine subscription, of course it's much more. What I'm getting at is I get something out of this site like I do 'On the Water' or FFNE (do I have to send them an E-mail):devil: so I feel it's only fair to give back. Think about what you pay for a Mag subsription and what you get out of that vs. this site.

#3 ·
Thanks Terry! Call it foolish pride but I was hoping we could get to a sponsor-based funding model someday and give the member contributions a break.

Ideally, we would have really great stuff that costs no more than elsewhere to offer our membership, a win-win as they say.

We are making progress in that direction, but thanks for offering to make up the difference. Each year I think we get a little better at it, or so I'd like to think!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.