Fly Fishing Forum banner

Murphy Law at its best

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tomd 
#1 ·
You had to be there at Crossroads Angler's Tuesday night. What an embarrassment. Dropped a whole tray of 86 slides on the floor just before the introduction. Could never get them back in order never mind right side up. Tom D was there to witness the bazaar event.

Ad-libs for the first reel. Ever tell a joke with the punch line first, than 20 or so slides later tell the joke? Boy! Was I nervous for that first reel? How do I ever tye flies with these fingers.

Any hints out there?

RS

#2 ·
Ray -

Been there, done that myself! We know you as the first cast bonito guy on the Rhodyclave. Somedays you're hot - somedays, we're all bound to be "not" once in a while.

I'm sure everyone understands and at least they didn't have to wait for you to take the time to re-count all the ballots!

Hang in there buddy,

Juro

#3 ·
Juro -

Just think, if I was using Power Point show instead of slides? Imagine me trying to pick up all those pixels all over the floor? Would need some kind of random number generator to put them all back in order.

In retrospect it was kind of funny. Sure keeps you on your toes and use your imagination again.

#4 ·
Ray, you did great! I know it can be intimidating in front of a crowd. you kept a sense of humor, and went forward, that is the sign of a pro. ok, things weren't as perfect as you'd have liked, no problem. we all enjoyed the presentation, and your jokes may be funnier that way ;) I really enjoyed spending time talking with Art B, we barely got to say hi at the rhodey-clave(I was only there for 5+1/2 hrs on sunday). Tom D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.