Fly Fishing Forum banner

Deschutes and the White River

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mark Vegwert 
#1 ·
Hi Guys: I am leaving for a road trip on Saturday. Deschutes, Klick, Methow, Clearwater, Ronde. I know the White is puking silt but it is supposed to be in the mid-70's in the Dalles on Saturday and in the 30's at Timberline. Do you think that will shut down the White for a couple of days? I fish from Kloan down to the mouth on my Mt Bike. My other option is, of course, the Klickitat. I have never fished it this early. Do you think it will be milky if the vis is low on the D?

Thanks.

PM's welcome.

Mark

#4 ·
Thanks OC

I'm just waiting for the CW to settle down after dropping the water this week. The CW and the Ronde are my "home" rivers and I spend about 30 days in the fall on them (and then try to resuscitate my marriage and business for the next 335).

I figure Sunday will be a zoo but Monday and Tuesday should be better. Just got my Meiser 13'6/7 back today from the body shop. Looks better than new.

If anyone could chime in on the clarity of the Klick I would appreciate it. I haven't fished it in 20 years and would like to give it a try while I am over there.

Thanks again.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.