Fly Fishing Forum banner

BC's Salmon Farming and Sea Lice-free presentation

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Whistler 
#1 ·
Dr. Craig Orr from the Watershed Watch Salmon Society is putting on a free presentaion discussing the weight of evidence connecting open net pen farming to sea lice and declines of wild Steelhead and Salmon. This presentation will take place on Thursday May 12th at 7pm at the Spruce Grove Field House here in Whistler. The field house is located at 7328 Kirkpatrick Way just 2 minutes north of Whistler village. This evening is being presented by the Whistler Angling Club and Whistler Flyfishing. We have invited local politicians and candidates in the upcoming election. I am looking for a strong turnout to send a message that this is an issue that won't go away. Dr. Orr puts on an excellent show and I encourage anyone who is interested or concerned to try and make it to this. I have already spoken to a few folks from the city that are planning to come up and fish for the day and then take in the presentation which is expected to last until 9 pm.
Please call me at the fly shop 1-888-822-3474 if you require more info.

Brian Niska

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.