Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Ryder tomorrow?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jimS 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New to this board - really enjoy it so far. It led me to a new Atlantis, and oh my god, what a different sport it is now! Fun. Anyway, I have only one day to get to be on the Cape this fall - and that's tomorrow. Wouldn't you know it - rain all day, so no sight fishing as I hoped. Anyone know if Keith is still running (i.e. to go to South Beach)? Or any alternate suggestions on how I should spend my one day would be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the FlyFishingForum! I doubt if Keith will be running tomorrow or not. You can call up and check with them. If not you can fish off Morris Island by the Rip Ryder base, or walk down from the Chatham light and fish off South beach. The outgoing near the light can be good as well where Pleasant Bay flows out to the Ocean. Hardings Beach may be better when the wind shifts to the NE. Looks like we will be getting high winds and rain, it looks too rough potentially for the Rip Ryder to be running.

http://www.monomoyislandferry.com/

Here's the Marine forcast for the outer cape tomorrow...

SAT
S WIND 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING NE 15 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON
WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. AREAS OF FOG. RAIN WITH A
CHANCE OF MORNING TSTMS. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

SAT NIGHT
NE WIND 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS BUILDING TO 4 TO 7 FT.
A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

Good Luck,
Greg.

#3 ·
Alan...it's best to call Keith directly today....Monomoy Island ferries/RipRyder (sponser this site). Not sure if he'll run with the weather prediction. Without sun, flats will be near impossible to fish correctly. You can always park at the Chatham Lighthouse parking lot, they usually don't ticket after Labor Day...to be on the safe side parking in the row near the road. Walk to the right after the stairs to the beach and go around the outside (surf) and look for bird or busting action. I believe that tomorrow is a N wind, thus casting will be better there than the bay. You could also go to Rip Ryder and fish Morris Island, work down to the inlet (about 1 1/2 miles). I've found it to be a hit or miss place, but when on.... :) !!!!
Other's I'm sure will advise you as well. Let us know how you did and good luck.
Ron

#4 ·
Rip Ryder

Left Keith about two hours ago and asked about tomorrow. It is iffy - regarding running to S. Beach/N. Monomoy. The wind and rain are the factors. Give him a call about 7 a.m. on Saturday, 508.945.5450.

If not running, the preceding advice is spot on!

Good luck,

Simms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.