Fly Fishing Forum banner

das Crustacean...

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Capricious Crustacean...

'topped off with some acrylic sprinkled with sand and coloured with markers to match local mutant ninja toe biterz...

See less See more
#4 ·
a weighty subject...

dumb bell... a la Clouser... under that phuselage...
now, if I can somehow find the patience to only twitch it as striped muggerz approach...

#6 ·
Ron... I'm workin' on it... all the thyme...

More often than knot, after tying I'll continue to ponder the resultz and refine the process...
This is the latest in the "evolution"... Capricious Crustacean 5.0 ?!
anyway...
Basically the same except...
there's some fox fore and aft, smaller nipperz, more pronounced swimmerz, four legz each side, and a more subtle colour applied to the Saudi sand infused Bug-Bond acrylic on the carapace back...
This feels a bit like a phinal edition... but I know better...

and besides that, I'm likin' the centipede legz...

#7 ·
Love it Pete. Fond memories of fussy striperz shlurping a static mesh crab one fine season.

But patience is indeed required. One tiny twithc and then let her sit for - oooohhh - maybe a minute or two. Just when you can't bear to wait a second longer the line shoots forward an inch and its game on :)

Good idea to carry long nose pliers or hemostats as they do like to suck em back into the crushers which can make extraction with ordinary digits diphicult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.