Fly Fishing Forum banner

Its True

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  removed_by_request 
#1 ·
Henry David Thoreau - 1850

Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after
After 47 years of fishing of which 43 have been primarily fly fishing I can tell you this is a true statement.

There so much more to it than catching a fish.

Thats it for my 3,000th post.

PM OUt

#3 ·
Hal.. I am putting a short story I wrote which has been submitted to the Yale Anglers Journal... but i will put it in a PM to you since your e-mails are shut off... the short story pretty much sums up my feelings about all this flyfishing stuff. Juro..I forgot to send it to you as well.

#9 ·
I never said no hats, 99% of the people wear hats when fishing, its part of the milieu of fishing. Besides it would be a sure head cold here in winter GLs country. Your still hard core with a hat. Heck I even have a bacalava now for winter fishing. Its great, I highly recommend it.

PM Out

G
#10 ·
A hat won't protect you from a cold, they are a virus. Hence the lack of a cure.

A great fishing hat needs brim and a leather band, all the others are just hats. Unless you are talking about an RCMP mountie fur hat. Those are cool and very rare in our area. They are a statement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.