Fly Fishing Forum banner

virus on flyfish.com!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fcch 
#1 ·
If you have visited flyfish.com lately the site is distributing a trojan virus. Run a virus detection program to clean it.

I would not advise visiting the site until they clean it up, unless you have confidence in your virus scan software and want to test it :Eyecrazy:

#4 ·
I suppose you're right though I recall there are bad things that can happen just from viewing photos. I'm no expert though.

It still strikes me as odd that the moderators/owners of the site don't respond to a thread that claims their site is infected yet post on some of the mundane threads here. Obviously, I'm not too concerned since I'm here, but then again, what do I know?

#5 ·
pescaphile said:
I suppose you're right though I recall there are bad things that can happen just from viewing photos. I'm no expert though.
Well software happens to be what I do for a living. :)

You can't get a virus unless you download an ActiveX control with a virus in it, open an attachment with a virus, or somebody hacks into your computer. Images/photos can't contain viruses.

#6 ·
teflon_jones said:
. . . Images/photos can't contain viruses.
Wasn't there just this very problem in the not-too-distant past? Seems to me I recall this very problem occurred where malicious code was imbedded in the meta-data associated with certain image files. I don't doubt you, but it still seems odd that only some user out there (you) responds to this claim while the owners remain mum.

#7 ·
virus

:mad: Hello This has happened not too long ago and again just last week.It's a real piss off to open that site and have these come pouring in.I thought it was my home computer but also my computer at work fortunately my virus protection got rid of them on both pc"s.There are just some people out there that are not happy onless they cause havoc for someone else:frown:

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.