Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rhoddy Weekend

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Smcdermott 
#1 ·
Well no one else is going to let the cat out of the bag so I will. The new addition to the fleet sailed twice this weekend under ideal conditions. Sean and Porkslice sailed early Sat. joined later by myself, after my fill of opening day trout. The menu was olive + white clousers and the striped ones were glutinous. Sean and I returned today and while not as fast the fishing was still hot. I love it when the spin guys are saying "Those fly guys are killin em".
Slinger

#4 · (Edited)
Matt,

The area we fished is the same spot mentioned in the IceBreaker thread. The short story is that access by foot is possible but has been greatly restricted this year. I would follow the details of that thread for updates. Good news is we actually saw what appeared to be a small school of silversides at the boat ramp further down in the bay which is a very good sign for the rest of the bay and the possibility of some early fresh fish.

Sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.