Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham-6/29

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Penguin 
#1 ·
Light House -zero today and only two from south beach ...both sub 20's. Bumped into Juro and his charter.. Then headed for Nauset Angler's for the Temple fork group... Home ... Penguin and Bob Pink called and we will be making plans to fish , well I don't want to mention the C word. Tomorrow I will start at the light house then the flats on south beach... anybody for an 8 AM shuttle?

#3 ·
...sleeping is for dead people...

John/Greg...'been road hard and put away wet!
I can't promise that I'll be at the Light at 0500 but I'll try to make the early RipRyder...the fishing has been very "challenging" and I'd enjoy your company...
It could all come together this Sunday! ...and pigs will be allowed to fly commercially very soon as well! Wanna' buy a CapeCod tunnel permit?!

#4 ·
We found big fish on the flats both Friday and Sat; all fish landed were in the 30"-34" class both outings. Quality, not quantity although we hooked up more often on Sat with the cloudless skies. Easiest fishing was on the initial stages of the flood if you had a good location staked out but it lasted only minutes. The best sight fishing and many more fish in a half decent mood on the late flood. The key is to be in position somewhere worthwhile by then. We are definitely entering into the days of finicky feeding habits on skinny water - challenging but very rewarding.

Ocean side was a little slow but no one fishing the flood when we've done best around bowls that shield the big incoming surf like the one I took Glenn and Frankie to. Last two big fish hooked inside the new channel at lighthouse point were on the flood once it started running horiz current. The terns would go nuts on the bait and you'd see an occasional busting cow in the channel. Lots of blues, luckily they seem to be staying 100 or more yards out gorging on the anchovies.

Yesterday a hard north wind in the afternoon put a damper on casting for righties and wiped out the bluebird sight fishing situation in a hurry.

Good luck down there guys, I am playing host to our PNW steelie honcho Kush and his wife who arrived last night from British Columbia!

BTW - Does anyone have a right-hand retrieve striper reel he can borrow for a week or so? Them Canucks can't reel with the left hand :devil:

#5 ·
...it's in the genes...

Juro...
Please be advised that due to my Canadian lineage I am genetically driven to retrieve with my right hand (being digitally challenged encourages this condition as well)...got 'em covered!
So...I've got a RH'er for our Northern Cousin and Area 61 is at the ready...electric perimeter fences on standby and temporary Provincial flags flying!
LET'S GO FISHING!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.