Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham-9/21

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  slabcandy 
#1 ·
Had a great Friday. We had our dinner last night with a video by Jack from the Harwich Orvis store. It was at the Chatham Squire and was sponsored by Risk Consultants and my neighbor Darryl Hendrix and Andy Seem. Went to the light house this morning at 5 and picked up two fat 25 inchers and left at 7:30 catching a 33" on my last cast. We then went to outermost Harbor and met up with Todd Murphy who shuttled us to the North Point of South Monomoy wher we picked more schoolies and I was able to land a legal, unharmed , after a dual with a seal. Tide was starting incomming and Todd took a crew to Stage Harbor looking for Albies while I stayed on South Monomoy. Went with Todd out on his boat and did some sight fishing at the flats north of the channel between south beach and south monomoy... very skittish and we saw tons of fish but did not hook any.... Then off South beach to do the sure fire "dredging" and my shipmate caught a good 34 incher . We started picking up blues and the day was topped off for me with my personnal best in the blue fish catagory on a fly by landing a 38 incher at 15.5 pounds... a great long fight. I had to leave early... but no regrets for sure... home here ..posted this.. now back to Boston. See you next weekend... good luck at the rip... Todd says consistant Albies down there. One potential bummer though... casted my Winston 9 weight and the tip came off... but no problem right? just reel it in.... unless you hook on to a fish... which is exactly what happened... Todd was using the rod... he fights it and we all hope it's not a blue... bye bye tip... Todd says no... it's a striper and I say just tire him out ..don't break it off... long fight... as the fish rises.. It's a GD blue ..lip hooked... now were really jockeying around the boat... anyway I manage to grab the tip.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.