Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hopeful purchase... zipperless hard sole neoprene boot

37K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Finally found a boot that might rival the discontinued ones I've been using for years in surf, flats and estuaries of the northeast for striped bass flyfishing.

They are hard soled, zipperless "hyperstretch" neo uppers with reinforcements. I'll most likely stitch nylon strap / snap along the tops for total elimination of sand invasion.

I've ordered them and should have a report soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
How'd they work out?

I need another pair of flats/beach boots but the last couple of options I checked out were not great. Did you get a chance to try these out?

Q

#4 ·
Actually not - the 'hyperstretch' neoprene is snug at the top yet stretches like a thick sock over the wader and even can be left on for weeks at a time like boot foots. We're talking a few grains of sand in most cases although you might tape up for hard backside storm surf if you want zero sand.

However, the supplier decided to send me another more expensive ZIPPER model as an unannounced "free" upgrade which I promptly sent back for a refund.

I am still trying to locate another 'hyperstretch' boot to replace the one I have enjoyed for years until they came apart along the sole from hard use.

#7 ·
So the boots are in fact a solid replacement for the ones I used for the past several years. Zipperless, sneaker-soled beach and flat bliss! Henderson hyperstretch, 2 1/2 sizes larger for Simms stocking feet!

Pretty much the best of both worlds after all the searching.

(If you find success as I have with this boot please consider making a small donation to keep the site running thanks)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.