Fly Fishing Forum banner

End of Season

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Peter Terndrup 
#1 · (Edited)
Evening.
Back to my Winter Home Pool... :)

Fishing is over.. :mad:

Thanks to all who joined us!!

Fishing was great the first part of the season, then Mother Nature was probably on holidays somewhere and forgot to send us rain from August to mid-September.
We managed to land fish anyway, and actually it was a great challenge and interesting fishing. .... Light tippets, nice presentation and patience, always pays off.
The low water "shore lunches" were actually even better than the sandwich in the inside pocket of your waders, waiting in rotation!!! :D

What!!!?? It's already time to go, we just got here!!!! :(

Happy Fall fishing.... (I'm jealous!!)

A..

See less See more
#4 ·
Before coming to the US a few friends and I would take a beat on the Tweed for the last week of November and it was cold. But, there were a lot of fish in the river, mostly colored up and headed upstream as fast as possible. But, every now and then, a bright silver fish upwards of 10 pounds would warm up even the coldest borders day.

#5 ·
Ann
Great pic !
Yeah , it's a real shame that rivers such the York, and especially this year, the Matapedia come into their own at the VERY end of September. Steeve Bujold on the Petite has quietly guided some folk into some very impressive late season fish ,also !! There's certainly a need for at least two extra weeks of fishing on someof our rivers !!
WG
Nice late Grilse :)
Claude
Ya shoulda photoshopped the bateau gris out of your pic :roll:
Boy, I GOTTA stop posting from work and set up my tying vice on the desk next to the 4 PC screens
Cheers

#13 ·
Blood yes there is blood but if you have just played a lively fish in a big river there is bound to be some blood, the fish had a hook in its mouth. Look at the blood it is the thin diluted blood that comes from a mouth wound, not that horrid thick deep red stuff that comes from a deep gill raker wound.

Do American fish not jump weirs or falls? Just watch the salmon splashing against the stones.
I agree that may be the photo wasn't the best idea but the angler wanted something to show his familly and friends, what is better for the fish a knock on the head or a few scales in a photo call.

#18 ·
Neil
How waz the Cascapedia ??? Bein dat U waz der at the rite thyme of year ??
Nice drive down eh ?
How's the Grand River shaping up ? Looks like all the other GL rivers are looking terrific . That being said looks like Lake Champlain run hasn't (yet )began
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.