Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cape Cod Guides

4K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  jimS 
#1 ·
Please support our sponsors who are on this board and offer guide service. I have some opinions on other guides particularly on the cape. So if you need advise or opinions on others who are not listed herein, please contact by e-mail or PM and I will share my thoughts on abilities , personalities and flexibilities.

#27 ·
Ooops just saw this. Thanks for the generous offer!

The original proposal was to split the trip four ways with both Dave Pearson and I providing flies and insights to stake outs on the flat... do you want to pull in another victim I mean participant and go for the double? Up to you.

Thanks again!

#28 ·
GuideWannaBe...

Jim...Bring Shirley! When I've got a boat full, I tend to do spin myself...You can always try a short notice, a sleep-over, or make plans for a certain moon-phase or whatever! If we can do a BeachNinja shore assault one day and das boat the next, that would certainly maximize your FarSide (of the canal) sortie.
Standing by to stand by...:D

#29 ·
Sorry, but each time I read BeachNinja-something, I imagine Juro slinking around the flats in split-toed wading slippers, his flats cap flap drawn across his face, his two-handed rod slung across his back in a black bamboo sheath, and his flies in a little throwing star pouch.......

Here's a sneak peek at conclusion of Juro's new book, 'Zen in the Art of Summer Strippers.'

Master: "Do you now understand that 'It' casts the rod and 'It' hits the target?"
Pupil: "is it 'I' who loads the rod, or is it the rod that draws me into the state of highest tension to fall like snow from a bamboo leaf? Is 'It' spiritual when seen by the eyes of the body, and corporeal when seen by the eyes of the spirit, or both, or neither? For after years of study, as soon as I take the rod and cast, everything becomes so clear and straightforward and so ridiculously simple."
Master: "Now, at last, the fly line has cut right through you. The angler and the fish are no longer two opposing objects, but are one reality."

Hey, maybe a signed copy should go to whomever catches the biggest fish of the donated trip…... 8~)

#30 ·
ah WeedHopper...

...When you can deliver the fly at the speed of light...
You will have arrived at the J buoy!

'waitin' for the movie...;)

#31 ·
'Zen in the Art of Summer Strippers.'

STRIPPERS?!? :devil:

Flashback: When I was young and first visited a house of burlesque, I was more intrigued by the waitress who conceals her mystique behind a veil than those flaunting their features. Likewise, the striper often looks for the unpainted paper as well as the ink to see it's prey among the refracting light dancing on the sands that line the flats.

We see with our minds, not just our eyes. When you can see them with eyes closed, you may leave the temple.

But for now repeat after me... "is that a FISH?" "is that a FISH?" "is that...."

:hehe:

#32 ·
Insightful analogy. A couple of weeks ago I introduced my son, Chris, to sightfishing on the flats. We stationed ourselves on a flat next to a bowl as the tide began to flood. The sun was on our left shoulder, slight ripple on the water, and the fish would move right to left. Not ideal, but acceptable conditions. Down the flat to our right was Dennis Kelly (Rooster) hooked up. He yells to Chris the pod is coming his way. Chris can't see them; although he has 20/10 vision. This happens again and his frustration level rises. All he can do is dwell on the negatives - too much wind, sun in the wrong plane, waders leak, etc. Rooster then motions Chris to move toward him. He spooks a head-on single. He sees the flash, the profile and the shadow. Bingo! The light comes on. Later, he sees the fish, makes the cast, strips and it eats.

The next day on the flats, his observation powers were spot on. "Is that a fish?"

Simms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.