Fly Fishing Forum banner

10/9/06 74` Clear Sky, Shorts, T-Shirt , 5wt, 1/0 Purple over White Deceiver...

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
...And a wonderful night on the water! 4pm to 6pm non stop birds and bass. No real size, but when you come with the correct weapon it creates a ton of entertainment. Any more shorts days on the water left?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
C.C.bay and sandy neck

Had fish on sandy neck for most of the day Monday,schoolies up to several low 30" er's,lots of 23"- 26"on the fly rod.Later in the morning as the tide flooded larger fish started to show on the bars to far out even for the 2hander,brought out the conventional on the12 ft rod and started throwing 10 " plugs out to the horizen,managed to hook up with several "large".:chuckle: :hihi: :)

#4 ·
Was on cape for business yesterday, stopped on the way home to peek at the bayside. Point of Rocks was exploding with birds but it was down as fast as it came up and moving in mile increments. Most shore anglers believed they were large blues, one or two were landed to confirm.

Water seemed pretty cool, it was high tide at the time. Jim Simms popped up to say hello, we agreed that low tide would be hot fishing with all this commotion (bait) in the area.

Even in dull areas the birds were in large groups preening near the flats structures waiting for all the water to go away so they could feast on trapped bait.

On a whim I took my college student son out for a steak on the way thru Boston. He didn't have to eat ramen last night :)

#5 ·
I can confirm that last night low tide there was a lot of action in the bayside.

Fished a few creek mouths and caught the usual schoolie sized bass, so I started working away from the comotion with a dead drifted sorta deep eel (tied like a deep eel without the dumbells) and caught much better fish.

#6 ·
nick, judging by the angle of that shot, i passed you on the Hingham ferry that night.

birds have been bustin with small stripers right at the commuter terminal every evening all week.

thursday morning the boat went through the biggest flock of gulls i've ever seen, they were so intent on feeding they wouldn't even move.

mark.

#7 ·
Hey, i'm sure you did...and probably a couple of other times as well! Small 16' CC Aquasport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.