Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip--5/31 and 6/7

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  rooster 
#1 ·
I will e-mail Keith Today to find out if the dates of 5/31 AND 6/7 are open for him. I know there has been a lot of interest and sign ups... here is what I have so far.....From last year and this years interest. ... Me, Eddie, Penguin, Juro,Roop,Adrian, Craig, Double Haul (who is backing out), Chris, DocD,Q, Jim sims, Broadbill,Smcdemott, FredA (who is defering to August), CSJ60, MattB, Shadfreak, Birdfish ,Jimmy..... Others who expressed interest are Rooster and 3 or 4 friends, Hindus, Fish Hawk, rs2003 and Bonefishmon...... Now as you can see this will be completely unworkable unless I can get a special sign up sheet... Juro, Can you do this... I will confirm with Keith on those dates first and let you know... but I would form two groups one for 5/31 with a rain day of 6/1 and the next clave would be 6/7 with a rain day of 6/8... I am planning on the 5/31 trip and will not attend the other..so we need a meister for one of these. Again all of this will happen depending on the results of the sign ups... 12 each trip... I would like to spread it out...so by that I mean if someone can make BOTH dates I would like to place that person in the group where I would need to fill the 12 slots.... since there are those who can only pick one date... lets see how this works...

#3 ·
I have to wait to hear back from Keith... then Juro will have to put up a sign up sheet.. if those dates are available... the guys from the missed trip last year have priority.. I gave my word on that... I am sure we will be able to accomodate everyone with the two dates... I want it to be fair so will put those who have only one weekend to play with in the first batch on the weekend they want... with the priority above... some may have to juggle the two dates...

#5 · (Edited)
Count me in, One definately 2 likely will know for sure later today.
I've been on the mend from shoulder surgery and should be all set to give 'em hell by then. I got a large bone spur removed from my stripping shoulder and fishing should be much more comfortable this year.
John, will you have any space for another fish bum? If so PM me with anything I can bring. I'll likely leave Friday AM . If not can I throw up a tent in the yard?

#10 ·
John,
Drew and I will definately be heading there on Friday. Put us down for Rip Ryder on Saturday. If you're full or for whatever reason you can't spare the room let me know as soon as you can and I'll make other arrangements.
Thanks

#11 ·
Sorry to put everyone though this... but I am out for 5/31...my wife just told me that I am Chaparoning my sons senior prom that night... so I am out for dinner with Rooster that night as well... So I will switch my trip to 5/7... If I don't have a sign up sheet I can't really orgainize this with all the potential ins and outs... Who can meister the 5/31?...someone who has been down there before... I really want to do an early season trip. JIm w or Juro... can you guys put up a sign up sheet for both dates... when that fills we will confirm attendance and provide other info. Another option is for me to simply orgainize the 5/6 trip and ask someone else to do the 5/31... I will start setting up the roster for the 5/7 trip/

#12 ·
Meister/ Co- Meister

John,
Sorry you're out for the 31st. Did you mean 6/7?
I don't know whats involved but if you want I can meister this one. I guess we will be staying at Nickerson in the tent, which is cool. What do I do to set up the sign up sheet and what is expected of a meiste? I am coming down Friday and will leave Sunday.
How do I contact Keith and what are his first drop off and last pick up times.
Also, I'm not well versed in placing people on fish as I've only fished So. Beach a few times and never on the Monomoy Rips, so a Co-Meister with some more knowledge of the flats may be a good idea.
I would defer to anyone who has more insight into the total area so if that someone speaks up I'll assist.

#13 ·
Chris... see the other posts... i think I can get it orgainized as to rosters... but will need a "captain" down there.... Lets see what develops while setting up the Rosters.. To confirm..I am out for the 31st and in for 6/7

#14 ·
I would have 4 confirmed for the 5/31 trip, if it is going to happen, my group heads home on 6/6, so the 6/7 trip is not an option for me. The other option for me a weekday trip. Keith is checking to see if 6/3 or 6/4 is open. I would have 4 for a trip on either of those dates, also. If there is a sign up sheet (and room) for me (total 4 guys) for Sat. 5/31, we will do it. If others are interested in a 6/3 or 6/4 trip, if we could get at least 8, we would probably do it. I beleive Keith said the boat was $300.
DK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.