Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip Conditions

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
I an getting bad reports about the fishing a South Point... we all need to really think about just planning on going to the north Tip, only because the current reports there are really good..... I know some of the some of the guys I was with today who are also planned for the trip make good points about the fact that we will fish longer, not risk the long walk and the reports are not encouraging...naturally things could be better next weekend... Just a thought for all of you planning on South Rip.

#2 ·
The Mayor of Chatham has good vibes

Talking to Keith today, the reports are not encouraging for the rip at the tip. Major staging of large pods currently at the north tip of S. Monomoy. If things don't change, my vote is the north tip.

Last year, we had big fish in that area, which receives no pressure, thus, less educated fish.

As John, said it gives us more fishing time, and for those on a tight budget, the cost is $10 vs $30.

It pays to listen to advise from Keith, who is not only the captain on the Rip Ryder, but an avid fisherman, and this is his home waters.

Simms

#5 ·
I like the cost factor plus the longer fishing time. Also, there are more fishing opportunities then everyone stacking up in the Rip. To be honest there is one honey hole and if someone dose not rotate out of that hole it lessens the chance for other to get fish. Not that we have any problems in that area but it could happen. We have a good group of considerate anglers here. Just my .02
FishHawk. I vote for the North Tip. :D

#7 ·
The North Tip run also takes the pressure off of needing a full boat. Will Capt. Keith still need a full boat for that run? Will it still be $10 or $15 regardless of head count? I like the idea of the North tip even better! That area is usually off limits. Let's pray the next storm holds off with rain and wind.

Phil

#8 ·
I will check with Keith on the full boat issue . Keith can ALSO do the North Tip on Sunday as well...for the sunday group. I LOVE the south tip...but we need to go where there are fish.... I see the votes... also Bird Fish is out for Sunday... I need to relook at both lists, check with keith on the full boat and we need to reach a decision by mid week...probably... I say this because of boat room... Hate to only have 10 when we could take 15 to North tip...Both days.

#9 ·
If memory serves me correct, Penguin posted some fabulous photos from the air of the end of South Beach and it's surrounding area, including the north tip of NM.
Penguin? Care to post a few again, or, post the title so we can do a search? Thanks.

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.