Fly Fishing Forum banner

Attn Fairfield Co. & Westchester Yakkers

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Small boat Expo at Greenwich Civic Center - Feb 8th & 9th. Maybe where I pick up a yak! Anyone else interested? Maybe grab a beer & chat about the upcomeing season ....

http://www.thesmallboatshop.com/page12.html

:smokin:

#2 ·
...look before you leeeeep...

Brother Adrian...
Going to a Yak/boat show with a credit card is like going to the grocery when you're HUNGRY!
Try not to buy before you test paddle it on the wet stuff...
Cheers!

#3 ·
Adrian- That's a definite maybe for me. My folks might be coming down that weekend for a visit to our new home, so I'll need to get them to pick a date soon. Also, my wife now seems interested in getting a john boat for the Connecticutt River which in now only about 1/2 mile away from our residence. This might crimp my kayak purchase and delay it until next year.

I'll let you know either way.

#5 · (Edited)
Hey Jimmy

Happy New Year!

So far it looks like Joev, Wes, Stevel and one or two others from the FFSW forum.

I was planning on going down Saturday a.m. but I'm flexible - either day would work for me.

#6 ·
Dates 'n stuff

Checking the dates I should have said Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th of Feb for the small boat show.

Since Sat 9th is the Saltwater Edge gig, I would really like to get up to that since a bunch of guys will be there.

That means I'm looking to do the SB show in Greenwich on Sunday 10th.

If anyone at the show is doing a good deal on a WS Tarpon I'm buying it!

Either way I'm really looking forward to that week-end - two consecutive days of shack-nasty antidote.:D

As I write, the temerature here in NYC is 65F :eyecrazy:

#9 · (Edited)
Here's a quick update for the small boat show.

http://www.thesmallboatshop.com/page13.html

Saturday 9th 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. FREE 2 hour safety course!!!

As I mentioned, I plan to go to SW Edge on Saturday so I'll head down Sunday. I'll plan to get down there around 11:30 ish. Time to have a look around & buy stuff then lunch/beer etc.

How does that work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.