Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sooo many candles, so little cake

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Paxton 
#1 ·
Yes, it's that time of year again. Paxton's birthday is tomorrow. Please join me in wishing him a happy birthday. Hopefully, he remembers how to get here. He's at that age where he has to grab my belt when we go out on the flats. I hope that's the reason....:chuckle:

#6 ·
Thanks to all!!!! I made it....even have my medicare card...crap!!! :whoa:
One puzzlement........I am now up to the speed limit of the Mass Pike yet my speed on the flats has gone down :biggrin:
For once my "son" Garry remembered my birthday....thanks son!
Jim...we must get together, it has been a long time....I will bore you to death with stories about my grand-daughter :wink: (Garry has been very understanding)
Steve....great memory of my story!!! But fishing once with Herbert Hoover wasn't worth it....I made the mistake of calling him Herb and was investigated for the next 10 years:eek:
Phil...get RI going....the Cape has been putrid the last few weeks.
John...water getting cold....time for your waders :)

Ron

#7 ·
Paxton said:
Steve....great memory of my story!!! But fishing once with Herbert Hoover wasn't worth it....I made the mistake of calling him Herb and was investigated for the next 10 years:eek:
Ron
Likely by his cousin J. Edgar Hoover.....would explain why you still bend at the KNEES to grab/release all you fish:D

Happy B-day big guy....hope to see you out there again soon.
Flydoc

#13 ·
To be honest, by the time all the candles got lit, half of them had melted down to nothing and burned out....'Grampy' thought the puddles of wax on top of the cake were flowers and ate them....:chuckle:

#14 ·
Such comments!!!! It's bad enough that Garry now keeps a 100 ft nylon rope tied to our wader belts when on North Monomoy so that I don't wander off and get lost...am getting a bit suspicious of him although.....he does 2 things that make me worry:
1. he keeps asking me about the Will;
2. If he takes me off the rope, he puts an "X" in the sand on the flats at low tide and then says..."meet me right here at high tide????????
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.