Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seeking fish pics

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
I'm currently working on a project that will require some pictures of certain species of fish. The fish are:

Yellow perch
White perch
Black crappie
White crappie
Rock bass
Sunfish (any type)

If any Forum members happen to capture these fish in a digital image, I would be very interested in discussing the use of the picture. The best pictures would be those that show the distinguishing characteristics of the particular species. I already have many images, but one can never really have enough input from others. If used in the project, the photographer would get full recognition and credit.

Don't go out of your way for this....I'll be carrying my camera with me in the john boat this year to keep my stockpile growing. But if the occasion arises, any effort is appreciated. Thanks!

#3 ·
John, thanks for the offer. I have no real concerns about the subtle differences between moving and still water fish. In fact, it might make for a nice comparison if pictures were available for both types. I already have a good start on this, and anything you may provide could complement it nicely.

#4 ·
I have a 70 Gallon tank with Sunfish, Hybred Bluegill and a Rock Bass sitting in my living room. I can get you some nice action shots of those little hog-meisters eating crawlers during feeding time (brightest colors). Whatever your looking for with any of those species I could probably provide for you. Let me know.

LR

#5 · (Edited)
I'll definitely be able to help with most of those. I'll bring a neutral-colored cloth to lay the fish on while taking the photo so that the fish will show up better and the photo won't be cluttered.

This will give me a reason to actually try to catch those types of fish!

Q

Hmm . .

Lipripper's post gave me an idea. Our museum used to have a fish tank containing some of the local species of fish. Maybe I'll go check that out and see if I can get some decent shots.

#6 ·
Thanks to all.

LR, I'd be especially interested in a pic of a rock bass. They're uncommon enough around here that I only have a few pics of them myself, and in your controlled conditions they'd probably be better.

John, Q, LR....let's keep in touch on this. Thanks again! :)

#7 ·
Dble Haul said:
. . . rock bass. They're uncommon enough around here that I only have a few pics of them myself . . .
Mark, we have plenty of rock bass up here! They are extremely common, even bothersome at times. They are also one of the first species of fish that become active in the springtime. My first fish of the season is usually a rock bass.

#9 ·
Cat's outta the bag...

After years of prodding from family and friends, I'm working on my first book. The framework has been laid down and it's in its infancy right now, and I have been fortunate enough to have a good running dialogue with a few publishers.

As it gets closer to completion, I'll get more stressed. Hopefully that won't show through here. :rolleyes:

#11 · (Edited)
In order of preference:

Textbook shots (as already described)
Hero shots
Action shots

The first is the most important. The others aren't as necessary (already stockpiled), but if sent will definitely be considered.

For more info or other correspondence, let's do it via PM or e-mail so we don't bog the board with details.

Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.