Fly Fishing Forum banner

Elk River/Dave Brown ?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  FrenchCreek 
#1 ·
Hi! I went on a float trip on the S Fork of the Flathead in MT a couple years ago--had a great time, but want to avoid the horseback ride in again. So I went to Yellowstone and bummed around--way too crowded. I'm looking for a happy medium--considering the Elk River region around Fernie, BC. where I can stay at a B&B but still have some seclusion and great fishing.
Is this a correct view of the area? Anyone have any experience here? Any experience with Dave Brown as an outfitter/guide? Or with the Ultimate West Flyfishing guides out of Cranbrook, BC?
Thanks!

#4 ·
No crowds to worry about, several wade access areas and lots of smaller cuttie streams around. Check with Dave for more info. and make sure you get access permission fromlandowners, if required. Look into Michelle creek area. Suggest that you get a copy of BC Fishing Freshwater Directory & Atlas (from the BC Outdoors magazine folks) it has lots of info as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.