Fly Fishing Forum banner

Post your yak pics

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  flyfisha1 
#1 ·
Okay, I can tell I'm getting crazed by all of this when I wake up out of a dream this morning about choosing a paddle! Anyway, if anyone with pictures of their yak would be so kind as to post them here? I'd like to see what you guys are using and how they're set up; it would be a great help! TIA...

#3 ·
Same here...I'll try to get some up this weekend. I never seem to be able to take a picture of myself in the yak though...very tricky;)

#6 ·
Wilderness Systems Cape Horn 15

Here's my yak.

It has a Scotty fly rod holder attached to my spare day hatch cover.

My dry bag is a Patagonia Stormfront waterproof backpack that acutually clips to the deck rigging via it's standard harness system. It's not easy to access while in the boat but it keeps things bone dry, AND, I can take it off and wear it around when wading.

The sprayskirt is made my Bombergear.

I have an Aquabound AMT Expedition paddle.

The most comfortable feature is the Phase-3 seating. It's a lot like cheating........

The second yak is a Necky Zoar Sport(Dad's).

#10 ·
This shows the essentials, just a FF and a loop of rope that can be moved fore/aft or port/stbd used to pull the drift anchor away from the cockpit and orient yr drift. Tackle bag between feet and another deck bag that is strapped over the aft hatch for more accessible storage afloat.

Attachments

#11 ·
Found a new Scotty fly rod holder for yaks and float tubes on ebay a couple of days ago; paid $16 for it! These little savings are helping me off-set the price of getting a more expensive yak than I had originally intended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.