Fly Fishing Forum banner

FiShInG fEVeR

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SDHflyfisher 
#1 ·
WARNING

I got it bad! Sure I did have a little tease last week with a few hours of pursuit in a carribean setting. But that only got me CRANKED UP and lusting for a week in the Bahamas with my fly gear, a change of underwear and a hammock to tie between two palm trees within steps of the first flat I can find with bones on it. It was a peck on the cheek not a roll in the rumble seat. It was worse than nothing at all, well almost... but I am now wound tighter than Scarlet O'Hara's corset :eyecrazy:

And steelhead... >shiver< over the last 20 years I have become biologically and psychologically tuned into an animalistic instinctual response to the arrival of the spring native runs into the Cascade, Olympic and Columbia tributaries. For years while living there my routines at work, home and everything in between were adapted to include every possible opportunity to slip into the waders and swing a meaty spring fly through the runs with the sweet smell of the new season filling the lungs. That time is starting NOW yet I am 3,000 miles away and becoming somewhat of a tourist on those rivers :mad:

In approx 9 weeks, the cherry blossoms will burst open around the striper coast and signal without fail the arrival of migrating striped bass in huge shoals of finning bodies on the shores of Cape Cod. Hungry from their journey and eager to do battle, astounding numbers will flood the region over the several weeks following that and we will all celebrate the bounty. But that 9 weeks is like an eternity now, on the extreme end of an especially depriving winter and I am not.... sure... I ..... ca n...... make ... it.....

:whoa: :hehe:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.