Fly Fishing Forum banner

Back to School!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  artb 
#1 ·
No way!...... I'm retired now from public school teaching and don't have to go back.

Putting my new found time to good use. This nice bass was fooled by a fly on Friday before the storm hit. Nothing like low pressure to stimulate a bite especially for larger fish.

Happy Labor Day to all.

See less See more
#6 ·
Art...

Keen eye...... Would you believe Kent Heights water tower?

Juro,

What a way to start Labor Day Weekend laboring over a conventional spool with the drag singing. Rhody Clave should have ideal conditions.

John..... finally joined the club. Nothing but good tides and favorable weather ahead.

Phil,

Sean and I was at Watch Hill Monday. We were looking for ya at the reefs. Early morning bluefish action. Nothing at Fishers. To dangerous to get close enough to structure. Left and went to Montauk for a wet ride and rough seas.

#7 ·
Squid pattern

Ray, I told you quite awhile ago that squid is one of bass, and blues favorite foods along the south coast. I have used one for years. I think I posted about the pattern I made years ago, and it is one of my go to flies. It has even caught false albacore. Mine though looks like hell most everyone laughs at it, but it catches fish and that is what it's all about. I am planning to check out south county tomorrow. That is the hard way, from shore. Good to see you contributing to the forum again.:devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.