Fly Fishing Forum banner

It was a tan kind of day...

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  LeeG 
#1 ·
three between 32" and 36" on the flats, they liked tan today

BUT only after an earlier fish (not landed) exploded my flyrod. Luckily I had a spare!

See less See more
#8 ·
It didn't take long for the east coast humor to come back to the golden state guy :lildevl:

Hope you're settling in rooster. I had a nice chat with George Ryan the other day and your name came up while we swapped secret flies.

#10 ·
Thanks Juro,
Please say Hi to George for me, he was the original "Mayor of Monomoy" and helped me alot about 20 years ago. Great guy and guide. We missed each other this year and I hope to catch up with him this Fall.
Yes-almost 6 years back east now, hard to believe it. Being closer to the Cape is nice, but still miss the streams of the West. I'm still not used to the humidity and heat of the NC summers, but all else is great
I'll be headed back up to BC for salmon next month with several of my Western buddies.
Glad George is sharing some of his secrets with you. He is a super tyer and loves to experiment.
If you bump into him again, say Hi from Walt. He is in Mexico now, fishing the Sea of Cortez.
Cheers
Dennis

#11 ·
Sounds good, I thought you might be going full time on cape but I guess I was wrong.

George gave me that same clouser pattern he gave you ("3 pack"). I, trying to impress, gave him my top secret decoder ring! He's wily alright :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.