Fly Fishing Forum banner

Call me crazy, how's about a summerrun flyswap???

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  andre 
#1 ·
Ii'm just about to close this winterrun swap out. Waiting Gene's flies to show and can start msiiling out. Bbuut started thinking. Now, call me crazy. I had just some fantastic times with this swap (thanks t all tose who sent thei flies in on timme) LOL. But figured, I'd meister another swap. But this time, I'm going to set a longer swap time AND set a time that is he EARLIEST you can send your flies to me. THis way, it's not like last swap I've had flies trickling in for well over 2 1/2 months.

So, what do you think. This way, I can get a head count on wh's interested, and also the I can get a timframe from al of YOU when the best time to start is. For example. Say we'll put a deadline of June 1st to get the flies to mme, but you can't send your flies until Mmay 1st. That way I don't haave to wry abou having to ore flies for more then a moonth. What do you thnk????

Let me know. Sign up on this thread if you'd be interested. I mmean seriously intersted.

#6 ·
Vicoden scores again!!!!

It's funny how some pain medicine will make you do crazy things. What can I say, I love punishment. :) Ask my girlfriend :D

Juro, won't be for awhile. Not for aaother 2 months. Just feeling out who would be interested. I just got the last of the flies today. Shouuld be out in the mail saturday or mondayy. Haven't taken pictures yet. Ii can either do them, or you can scan them Juro when you get them. I'm sure you can do a better job ten I can, but won't e able to take pictures until this weekend.

Oh yeah, one more thing Juro. Please email me your address. I threw the box out by acident aand idn't save your mailing adress.

#9 ·
Re: Vicoden scores again!!!!

Will I be getting one of everyone's flies? If so I will handle the images. If not, they need to be captured before you send them out, etc.

My address is:

Flyfishing Forum
PO Box 58
Groton MA 01450

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed the extra flies.

Juro

Steelheader69 said:
Haven't taken pictures yet. Ii can either do them, or you can scan them Juro when you get them. I'm sure you can do a better job ten I can, but won't e able to take pictures until this weekend.

Oh yeah, one more thing Juro. Please email me your address. I threw the box out by acident aand idn't save your mailing adress.

#10 ·
Yup

You'll have one of each fly sent in by the fly swapee's. I ca include another oone of yours if you didn't keep any. I'm thinkingof buying a digital camera after my tax return shows up. My Dad's is a pain in the butt. Iit's the type with a memory card and to put on computer you have to have it hooked up to the computer and then email files ffrom thee. He still hasn't got it working right, os prefer t have good pictures done so everyone can see the flies.

Yes everyone, ths swap won't be iin effect until around April/Mmay. So if you have the time, just start tying uup some summerrun flies. THat way, you're stocked up for fishing, and also ready t disburse soom if need be. One other note, please make it all the same pattern. Different hook sizes are ok, but not different paterns. Mmakes dealing with tth swap much easier.

#13 ·
Terry -

Welcome and congratulations on your new child. As an avid angler and father of three I can relate. Much more tying and dreaming than fishing for me too when they were young but I re-learned the wonders of life through their bright young eyes and it seemed those sparse opportunities I had on the river were that much more rewarding.

Look forward to seeing your swap entries,

Juro

TerryD said:
I am new to the board, but would love to be involved in the summerrun fly swap!! With the arrive of my first child last week, I will have a lot of time to spend at the tying vise, when I am not changing diapers. Please count me in, thanks.

#14 ·
Juro, thanks for the kind welcome. Given this is our first child I am still holding out hope for steelheading this Spring soon after Mom gets back on her feet. However, as I hold her in my arms I cann't wait until she is older and says "Dad lets go steelheading and can you teach me that flyfishing stuff, it looks like fun." I know that is a long way off, but it will probably be here sooner than I think. Anyways, thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to participating in the flyswap to see what others are fishing.

TerryD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.