Fly Fishing Forum banner

What no Deerfield reports???

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  grego 
#1 ·
So...how did our intrepid fishers make out at the Deerfield???

--jared

#4 ·
When I woke up in Pittsfield it was 8 degrees outside - went skiing instead. Saturday morning wasn't much warmer.
Sunday a.m. ended up fishing the Housatonic in Lenox and came up with a 30" pike, of all things. Thanks to Quentin Holes for info on that spot.

#7 ·
yes sir! I have heard that these fish are quite aggressive & are very tough fighters. I know that this is the Finese' Trout Forum, but there's something about a massive rod-bender that gets me real interested. Pike fishing is completely unknown to me, but it is on my list to become acquainted!!

#8 ·
I heard many times over the years that the Concord and Sudbury rivers hold big pike. I heard of them caught near the Emerson hospital. I also just saw somewhere on the web that the state record was just broken for either Pike or Tiger Muskie (difference unclear to this rookie). THe old record was a mid 40s incher taken from Lake Quanipowit in Wakefield near me. It was taken thru the ice in I think 1994. I forget the particulars on the new record other than it was bigger
Pike Clave anyone?

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.