Fly Fishing Forum banner

New member saying hi!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
Just want to say hi to everyone and ask for some advice!

I'll be taking a holiday with my girlfriend in May to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It's not going to be a fishing only trip as my gitrlfriend doesn't seem to understand my obsession with waving bits of fur and feather about, but i'll be squeezing in as much fishing as i can.

I understand that bonefish would be the obvious choice and i'm hoping to maybe get in two guided trips during my 2 week stay. I'm not gonna be able to afford much more than this so any other fishing will have to D.I.Y.

Does anyone have any advice they can offer me as I have never been flats fishing before. Will there be any opportunities to fish close to my hotel in Playacar? Not just for bones but for any other species as well? I've been told that there's plenty of barracuda around and that i should also take a spinning rod. Is this correct?

Sorry if i've dragged on a bit in my first post, but i want to gather and learn as much as i can before i get out there.

Guess the missus was right about the 'obsessive' part! :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.